|Q: What types of events does Card Security cover?|
A: There are 7 protected events:
- Involuntary unemployment - You lose your job due to a general strike, layoff, a unionized labor dispute, or are terminated due to no fault of your own.
- Leave of Absence - You are on an unpaid employer approved leave of absence.
- Disability - You are unable to perform normal daily activities and require the care of a doctor due to sickness or injury.
- Hospitalization - You are admitted to a hospital and under the care of a doctor.
- Nursing Home Care - You are admitted to a nursing home and under the care of a doctor.
- Diagnosed with a Terminal Illness - A doctor diagnoses you with a medical condition that is expected to cause your death in six months or less.
- Loss of Life
|Q: If I pay my bill in full each month, will I still be charged for Card Security? |
A: Yes, you would be charged for Card Security any month you have a statement balance.
|Q: If I'm not using my card and have no balance on my account, will I still be charged for Card Security?
A: No, there is no fee if you do not have a statement balance on your account in a given month.
|Q: What if I am self-employed, work part-time, or only work seasonally? Can Card Security still benefit me?
A: Yes, you would still be eligible for up to 6 months of minimum monthly payment cancellations. But you will not be eligible for full balance cancellation.
|Q: If I'm employed in a full-time non-seasonal job, how could I benefit from Card Security?
A: After 90 days of involuntary unemployment or leave of absence, Card Security will cancel the full balance on your account (up to $10,000) if you were to become unemployed or take a leave of absence.
|Q: If tomorrow I become unemployed or take a leave of absence, would I be eligible for a benefit under Card Security?
A: No, you must be enrolled in Card Security at least 30 days before the involuntary unemployment or leave of absence occurs to claim a benefit.
|Please refer to the Card Security Debt Cancellation Program Agreement for full program details.